Gateway Fort Myers Homes For SaleIf you love golf and are looking to have your very own home in a premier Southwest Florida golf community, Gateway could be the perfect choice for you. Opened in 1989, this 3,000-acre master-planned community features a par-72 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Fazio. Ideally located just off I-75 in the highly desirable city of Fort Myers, Gateway offers more than just easy access to one of Florida’s top golf clubs. All around the community are lakes, green open spaces, and landscaped streets that give it a tranquil and idyllic vibe. The neighborhood is home to schools, parks, trails, community pools, sports fields, and other recreational facilities. It features an 800-acre business park where some of the top companies in the world have offices. Gateway’s ideal location puts it close to Southwest Florida’s gorgeous beaches and nature preserves, as well as to numerous shopping and recreation centers, health facilities, and cultural attractions. Gateway has a population of around 8,400. It is served by a Community Development District that oversees and maintains most of its infrastructure and services, including the water supply, wastewater control, and the community’s common grounds and recreational facilities.
Real Estate in Gateway, Fort MyersGateway is composed of several subdivisions with their own themes and amenities. Many of these subdivisions are found within Gateway Country Club, offering the best access to the golf course and refreshing views of lakes, greens, and fairways. The housing stock in Gateway’s subdivisions include expansive single-family homes, townhomes, villas, and condos. Each neighborhood is covered by a homeowners’ association and offers various community amenities, including swimming pools, playgrounds, sports courts and fields, community parks, and more. Most properties in Gateway were built in the 1990s, so you can expect the latest and most sought-after home features today, including open floor layouts, expensive kitchens, and outdoor living areas.
Living in Gateway, Fort MyersGateway residents have no need to travel far for recreation and entertainment. Almost everything they need can be found just a few steps or a short drive away.
- The Club at Gateway
Membership to The Club at Gateway is open even to non-residents of the community. There are several membership categories, giving members access to various facilities, amenities, and events at the club, including:
- The golf course and practice facilities
- 6 lighted tennis courts
- 24-hour fitness center and fitness classes
- Dining areas
- Card games, parlor games, and various clubs like a book and gardening club
- The Club at Gateway Membership to The Club at Gateway is open even to non-residents of the community. There are several membership categories, giving members access to various facilities, amenities, and events at the club, including:
- Beaches and the outdoors Gateway residents have ready access to the community’s miles of running, walking, and biking trails, as well as sports fields and neighborhood parks.Just a short drive away are some of Southwest Florida’s most popular beaches and outdoor destinations, including:
- Jetblue Park Gateway is just around one mile from Jetblue Park, the new spring training complex of the Boston Red Sox. The venue can accommodate as many as 11,000 fans, and includes 6 practice fields for use of local youths. It’s part of an ongoing 80-acre development that will include a hotel, a shopping center, and several restaurants.